Wednesday 3 October 2012

WIP Wednesday

A new regular feature for the iSewStitch blog. Since I have so many ongoing projects, of my own and as orders, I need a place to document all of them and their little journeys to being completed.

So, inspired by many blogs around, and by my friend Emma  Wednesday's are now for WIPing.

As I mentioned, I have A.L.O.T of ongoing projects. Some might say i.e. me, that there are too many. Some may also say i.e. me, that I need to not start anything else until they are all done. Needless to say (have I said 'say' too much yet?) I'm not one to listen to my own advice...make of that what you will.

When making a little huge list of my current going's on I start to get a little freaked out buy its ever growing form. This is going to be cathartic I keep telling myself, and worth my while. My aim is that by Putting It Out There it will spur me on to get more of it done rather than being easily distracted by other things.

So here goes...

I have had this lovely quilt top here made for a couple of weeks now and have just taken delivery of a mammoth amount of batting, so a serious quilting session is coming up for me this weekend. I'm hoping it'll be done and out to its new owner in the next week or so.



I'm at the lovely hand embroidery stage of this project which is a customer order. This will be done by the weekend and I can't wait to see it finished!





A very long time ago I started this for my Dad, and have been waiting on a teeny tiny bit of natural linen to finish it off. I'm sadly still waiting for it to be stocked, so I may be going back to drawing board with this one.




Don't be fooled into thinking that's it. I have quite a few orders in the queue, didn't think my order forms were of much interest, but they're there niggling at me telling me to get them done. I also have two quilts on the go for me to keep, which is ever so exciting and I really can't wait for them to be finished, but if I'm honest, it's going to take a while.  And then there's the hexie pillow, the lounge cushions, the Kina I'm knitting, the Ripple I'm crocheting...sigh

I won't even get started on what my plans are for Christmas, I have Camille Roskelley's stocking pattern sat on my desk, AND the fabric ready for it, but IT IS GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT!

I couldn't go without sharing my recent bargain. Red Heart yarn down 70%, this little lot came in at £13. Bargain! I have boot cuff's, cowls and two Kina's planned for this little lot, aim to finish it all about 2020, yeah? Yeah!


And as the saying goes, that's all folks! x

PS Not much can get done with these two gorgeous, but highly distracting creatures around! Love them!




No comments:

Post a Comment